Friday 20 September 2013

A quick overview...

...of some of the Beauties that are expecting me!

After a few days in Lviv, Ukraine, I will be jumping to Sofia, Bulgaria:

Cathedral of St.Nedelya - of the Holy Sunday
I realize, the more I read about the history of each of the places I am going to visit, that those are all very "sensitive" areas, with tormented changes even in the most recent years. It is impossible to have a detached look at even the most limited aspect of each city and so, while I will immerse myself in whatever I will be able to absorb once there, I decided to follow one of my great loves: architecture! So here I found a few old pictures of how this cathedral looked in the past, only in 1880:


And then in 1922:



From Bulgaria we are quickly moving to Zagreb, Croatia:


And again, I found an old picture with the protective walls intact, from the 19th century, I can't think of any other place that have such protections for a cathedral:




No comments:

Post a Comment